Your breakfast just got more indulgent, thanks to Fraiche Nutrition's Almond Berry Breakfast Bar. I wanted something new for breakfast, so I tried this awesome blueberry, almond and oat bar recipe. I've never made anything like this before so it surprised me how well it tasted...it didn't turn out too pretty but it doesn't really matter when it's incredibly tasty, right?
2 ½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1 cup fresh or frozen cherries
1/3 cup sugar
5 tsp. corn starch
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. grated lemon zest
1 cup crushed up almonds
2 ½ cups old fashioned oats
½ cup flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
½ cup sliced almonds
½ cup honey
1/3 cup melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a 9×13” baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the blueberries, cranberries, sugar, corn starch, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients until well combined. Set aside ¾ cup of this mixture in a separate bowl.
- Press the remaining oatmeal mixture firmly in the prepared baking pan (press this down as well as you can to make it compact).
- Spread the berry mixture evenly over the top of the prepared crust, and sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture evenly over the berries.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the berries have cooked down.
- Cool in the pan and cut into bars once completely cooled.